the path that yeilds no end | Teen Ink

the path that yeilds no end

By ansem_unlimited PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland
ansem_unlimited PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland

Thou may think of me as desired, to idolize or villanize me whichever you may choose. but gaze upon me and thou sall not see the husk of a man! for all my sins and all my bliss, i am anything but hollow
-Ansem_Unlimited

The present is but a tempting fruit, partake in it and be haunted by your past, and struck by your future. And so I move forward, I work towards impossible goals taking in each victory as a humble sign that I have not wandered astray from the beaten path. But there is one truth in this world that I have learned to be absolute; perfection is impossible, to break the chains of mortal capability is unachievable. In my life, nothing is truly complete. But what other option is there to claim? Am I to still myself and descend into the abyss? Am I to submit to despair and allow myself to be consumed by the fog that clouds me? Such a fate I will not allow, I am human, and it is my nature to perish in a blaze of brilliance and glory. All I have left to do is move forward. To struggle towards an inexistent destination. Lose sight of it and yourself lost among a sea of false words and uncertainty. But perhaps there will be a time when new goals emerge, a when, where, and who. A time when I may partake in the cursed while my ghosts leave me be. To taste the stem of the present and for a moment think not of my future. and when I die, I will smile, and great death with open arms like a childhood friend, and I will whisper to him; "I am proud of the goals I could not finish, and I’m proud of the things I have achieved to get here. As far as I am concerned the incomplete life I lead was fulfilled enough for me" and with my final words I will savor the sweet nectar of parting. The taste of life, changing into death, and the sound of death, leading into life...

I wrote this poem after having a major epiphany of my own life. And as cryptic as it may be, it symbolizes the hazy trail we all trek from birth to death, a trail that has no rest stop, and if you stop at any time you may be consumed by the mist, and plummet into oblivion. that basically means that I had realized that the lives we lead are too short for us to become perfect at anything, and that you can't just take a vacation from the daily grind without repercussions, I realized that all I should do is all I can do, that I should take pride in my achievements while remaining humble enough to accept my insecurities, I may have been better off blissfully ignorant, but I don't regret a thing!

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Oh You're very MUCH welcome :D And hey, I'm glad you did too!

-Ansem_Unlimited

Thank you your feed back means alot to me, and believe it or not, I first wrote this using my I-Pod while on a bus... I was half asleep and I have no recollection of what drove me to write it but I'm glad I did! 

- Maya Angelou

Oh wow,, that was amazing! I loved your questioning style and the tenses are perfect and the piece on the whole is VERY ENRICHED with meaning. And the last line = epicness. Good Job on this one!