Counting Firsts | Teen Ink

Counting Firsts

November 6, 2013
By BriannaSinger GOLD, Sacramento, California
BriannaSinger GOLD, Sacramento, California
18 articles 1 photo 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"My karma ran over my dogma" -bumper sticker


You were the first person I ever experienced the glory of a Carmel apple lollipop with.

You were the first person with whom I’ve ever watched a meteor shower.

You were the first person I’ve ever been able to tell about that embarrassing day in ballet class.

You were the first person to ever send me flowers, and never had I teared at the sight of yellow roses before.

You were the first person I’ve ever danced with at a Prom.

You are the first and only person I have ever driven thousand miles for the one night.

You were definitely the first person to ever think of me as hot.

You were the first person who made me feel like a song was written about me.

You are the first person that’s made me brave enough for the high dive.

Though neither of us are religious, the first time I believed in God was with you.

Yours was the only last name I’ve ever considered taking.

You were the first person I’ve ever wanted to have sex with and the first person to ever make me feel guilty for not having sex with them.

You were the first one, other than store-bought greeting card, to tell me you love me,

and not mean it.

You were the first person to be so dishonest, you had me lying to myself.

You couldn’t possibly be the first person to date two women at once.

But you are the last person to convince me,

it was my fault.


The author's comments:
I heard that you should write down your first experiences so you never forget them. Now that I've done it is sounds silly. Who forgets their first time?