Skeleton Orchestra | Teen Ink

Skeleton Orchestra

By PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana
PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

The Skeleton Orchestra is all bones and rattles
They sit in the darkest corners of your mind
When you are simply just not in the mood
They come out and play you a tune

The skeletons are the ghosts of the past
Lacking a soul and a heart and a mind
They play their songs without missing a beat
But the music they make is as dead as they are

The violins screech until you cover your ears
The drums are loud and send earthquakes down below
The flutes make you shiver and the notes are all wrong
The cellos and trumpets make you want to run and hide

The melody scares the devil himself
The rotting teeth on their faces fill toothy grins
Their bony fingers clutch their old instruments
As they play and play their dreadful song

They’ll never stop, they are eternal
The wretched music will never cease
So you might as well give in to its sound
And sway to the beat until you rest in sleep

PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana

Farewell! I shall see you very soon! *bows respectfully*

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

*Respect* Understood Sensei. Hope to see you soon :)

PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana

Ah, I am very grateful for the offer! But, unfortunately, I am a Samurai as well. And, if you can see my picture, I am in charge of my fellow nations. (In fandom reference). But I'll try!

- Maya Angelou

Well, we all have some work up that we're never satisfied with :P  So you're a Baggins now, eh? hey, I've missed you at my Hobbit-hole these past days, Do feel free to come around. Love always. Saphira.

PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana

I guess I've been caught red handed, eh? XD You're absolutely right. It's not one of my best. I had this idea of a "skeleton orchestra" in my head but it was so difficult to put into words that made sense for some reason. This was the best I could do with it, my abilities being what they are. I wasn't happy with it and I almost didn't submit it. But thanks!

- Maya Angelou

Well, I have to say, this isn't one of your best Took. The stanza I loved was the last ones, the others were pretty good too, but I say lacked rhythm somehow. And though of course it is free verse, so I don't mean rhyme to be clear, no I mean some lines didn't go well together, maybe a little restructuring could do the trick. I do think it is a very good theme though, but you could have portrayed it better. Keep writing. Love always.

PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana

Yeah, my writing skills went kind of rusty on this one :) thanks!

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I really do love the theme. Torture from your inner demons and you picture them as an orchestra. Nice. But yet, I feel the rythem leaves something to be desired.

PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana

Thank you very much, Night :) I appreciate your feedback.

x_rbdf GOLD said...
x_rbdf GOLD, Augusta, Georgia

He who faces give no light shall never become a star

Completely 1000% Beauti-ful. I mean dynamics And how all the Dark Beauty To it Ugh !!! Itts Completly Amazing