The Savior's Colors | Teen Ink

The Savior's Colors

By Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other
Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

Recording the silent screams in the vast horizon.
Keeping tallies of the lost.
Sailing on waves in the morning sun.
The light is pure, but at what cost?

Arise from the ashes and let the colors glow.
Paint the clouds from beyond the skies.
Take the hands of the broken below.
Save the cold and the hungry from lies.

Alabian GOLD said...
Alabian GOLD, Limbo, Other

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky cause there are footprints on the moon" - Owl City

The length of this poem is refreshing. As always, you chose words that express the heart behind your work. Keep up the good work :)

Thank you very much! :D

raeee GOLD said...
raeee GOLD, Walla Walla, Georgia

"Would she hear me if I called her name? Would she hold me if she knew my shame? Would she even love me if I was to blame?" -Favourite poem ever♥

This poem, I expected to be longer, but the shortness of it all is amazing... I can't seem to express how this made me feel, because there are no words for it. I do think that you could go into more details about colours, like red and blue or whatever, just to make it seem... more "fitting", but either way this is amazing. I love the feeling within this piece. Keep writing (: