Poem for the World | Teen Ink

Poem for the World MAG

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

The world holds us
in the deep hollow
of her smooth palm
like silvery ethereal
dust motes;
suddenly
she sneezes,
blowing us away
onto the floor,
then crushes us
with her
stiletto
as if we were
expendable cockroaches
Crunch!

MyApocalytic writes about the sexy lady earth is. Well, this is my response of the b*tch she can be at times. What? I was upset when I wrote this. Oh, by the way, they didn't have a picture about someone crushing cockroaches. So I had to suffice myself with this picture.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you for reading and commenting. Really appreciate it. 

quoter said...
quoter, Glenview, Illinois

"If who I am is what I have and what I have is lost, then who am I?"

Just amazing... you are an amazing writer! Keep on writing and thank you for reading and commenting on my poem.. I added 4 more so please check them out too.. <3

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Thank You :)  :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Sending prayers all the way to where you are. ^u^ 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Glad this poem could introduce you to a new word. Poetry does that for me too. There was a poem here, I don't remember which one, that introduced me to the word ennui. I was so inspired I wrote a poem featuring the word. Any who, thank you very much for commenting. 

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

It was ethereal.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you so much. By the way, what word was that? I'm glad this poem had that effect for you. 

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Congrats! I like the fact you used a word I had to look up! XD

- Maya Angelou

Actually the thing is I haven't been writing much either and well I've read stuff yours and everybody's but haven't commented a lot and well I guess I can't come here as much as I used to because the next 7 months are the most crucial part of my entire education because the result of the exams in May may or may not get me into a University of my choice so anyway....it's all pretty tough and montonous and vexating right now. Just pray. :P

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hey, Liv, if you ever read this, I just wanted to let you know that I'm reading Allegiant, the third Divergent novel. GO GET IT!! Assuming there are any available copies left. :P  

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Miss you very much too. And why don't you come here anymore? XD Don't feel bad. I haven't been on that much either. Nor some of the "veterans." XD

- Maya Angelou

Hey, you're welcome. And well let me just say: I MISS YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. And TI. Gosh, why can't I come here more?

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I did want more chance the "grace" the pages of this blessed magazine. XD Thank you so much! And you did comment on it already. Not that I mind, I mean. XD 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hey, Dua. It's true: we don't catch up that much anymore. So sad. :( I miss all of you, literary siblings. Have a great winter too. I am very happy to be published. But much happier to hear so much love from all of you. I'm honored and humbled. Thank you! ^u^

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Wow, thank you. That means so much to hear from another writer who exceeds more than just expectations. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Ada, thank you so much!~~Mckay. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Being published, being congratulated by my amazing friends (literary siblings, contemporaries), and being told that they're proud of me—what more could I ask for? Thank you so much. :) :) 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you so much! XDD

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

OMG CONGRATS!!!!! Like Dua, i also recieved and email about this making the magazine and i got realllllllllly excited even though it wasnt for me. Oops! Haha any way congrats times a billion! I know you wanted to be published again so here you go!!!! I look foward to seeing your name in the magazine. Love liv!   did i comment on this already.....

- Maya Angelou

Congratulations Mckay. I got this email and amongst so many other things. This one thing caught my eye. You must be ecstatic. And so am I. Have a great Winter ahead. Missing you a lot. It's sad that we don't catch up much these days.    As for this poem, I love it like all the rest. Not to make them all seem the same, for each is unique. Just saying that you should know how much I like all of it. Oh, and I saw that you put up some new song lyrics. MUST go see those as well. Love, Dua.