Tide of Sorrow | Teen Ink

Tide of Sorrow

By Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other
Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other

I used to think falling in love would be personal. But it's all a big public show.

As on a twig I perched
Immersed in thought; suddenly a screech
From the depths of some misery untold
Burst out, shattering the quiet
I took to flight, frightened awhile
Something dreadful happened again
Down in the land where men lived
Shamming beggars, knowing not how to live
My son, he sat on a wooden wall
Laughed aloud with reckless fey
And said, “Why worry you, for they
“Live and die everyday”
Heeded I his words and bobbed
My head towards the crimson rock
Where blood lay spilled, like a gushing stream
Ah! They surely knew not!

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Ah, now that you tell of the perspective, it makes everything so much clearer and the sense in which you intended for it to be, I can see that now. It truly is an inspiring poem. Truly. NEVER STOP WRITING.

Dynamo DIAMOND said...
Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other

Thanks! :)

Dynamo DIAMOND said...
Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other

Thanks! Actually it's written from the perspective of a robbin (yeah, a bird's eyeview. Literally :D) who sees the world of humans as a place where the most evolved beings spend hours fighting over trifling matters. Thanks again for the input! 

- Maya Angelou

This poem has much more depth than is at first perceivable, that I can see. To me this lament, this tide of sorrow is like a trance, like a dream. I felt like this was some vivid image that kept transforming with every line. I like your imagery. A LOT.  The end confused me slightly I must admit... Those two rhyming lines was a great strategy to make them stand out. Overall, Bravo! Amazing vocabulary and I want to read more :D

EpIc BoSs said...
awsome poem