The Storm | Teen Ink

The Storm

By Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

a thousand tiny dancers
pirouette down from a clouded stage
and deep in the wings,
the sun is waiting

Mollybug16 BRONZE, Cleveland, Tennessee

Impossible is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try.

This is great. It is one of the best I have read. Its amazing how you can describe a storm with so few words. 5 stars. :)

Tabitha1233 PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

WOW! I love it!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Specturm also works with all the ballet dancers. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I cannot believe I haven't read this before. I love LOVE LOVE the imagery here. I'm watching Cosmic Love while reading this. And OMG. IT GOES SO WELL WITH THIS. Especially when Florence is dancing in front of the mirror, and like a 10000 Florences are behind. And I love the non-capitalization. I envision 1000000000 ballet dancers. So beautiful. 

ephemeral GOLD said...
ephemeral GOLD, Park City, Utah

"All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost"

It's funny how you chaacterized a storm in such a way that one wouldn' typicall describe it. Moreover, your focus on the sun and waiting for the end of the storm affects this piece's meaning which I personally like considering your approach to this. While short, it's simplisitc beauty is commendable, and being able to achieve greatness in so few lines is impressive. Why this works is due to your metaphor, and all the things that the mind can imagine and connect to and connotate with this poem. It's simply beautiful in its fine way.

steffles SILVER, Glendale, New York

“A thousand moments that I had just taken for granted- mostly because I had assumed that there would be a thousand more.”

Wow...just wow. I don't even have words to describe it.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Wow Liv! I love how you phrased this one,, It is truly beautiful when it comes to the word choice. And Oh my the first line: " A thousand tiny dancers" Nobody could have described raindrops so sweetly :)) And the last line had such a lasting impact...as if this poem is gonna be stuck in my head for long...I think i'll jot it down somewhere too so I can show it to other people. I loved it. 

Cutey-Beauty SILVER, Ulaanbaator, Other

Soli Deo Gloria.

Beautiful imagery-I immediatly thought of ballet or modern dance, idk why haha. The little ballerina droplets floating down to earth, with the sun right behind them. :) Amazing job! 

OldYoungOne said...
Enjpyed the fact that someone else likes the rain as I do. Love the comapsrison and the imagery. I can't necessarily knack that but I love it none the less

Court901 BRONZE, Magnolia, Texas

"Imagniation is not a talent of some people, but it is the health of every person" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really nice imagry. It is really short though, maybe you could lengthen the poem and add some more descriptions? I enjoyed it though.