White-out | Teen Ink

White-out

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

The writer carefully places
the thin white-washed
black bristles of the brush
over his errors
and masquerades his mistakes
—“form” to “from,”
“ate” to “eight,”
“there” to “their.”

Wouldn’t Life be easier
if one could bleach or blot out
the blotches and blemishes,
the sins and smears
of the Heart—
from lie to truth,
cruelty to compassion,
hate to love?

Anyone think a life with no mistakes would be great?

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hey guess what  OldYoungOne?! Besos is finally posted. Please read it. I think you'll like it.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. 

LiraDaeris PLATINUM, Tucson, Arizona

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

It would be! I like your presentation.

Kris_10 GOLD said...
Kris_10 GOLD, North Scituate, Rhode Island

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." -Theodore Roosevelt

I'm glad I made you smile.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. You have made my day and brought a smile to my face that will be hard to fade away throughout the day. I'm happy when someone can relate to my work. Feels good to know there are people who feel that same way I do in certain areas. We're all different but somehow we can relate in certain aspects of life. Awesome. 

Kris_10 GOLD said...

I like how you start off talkng about literaly whiting something out from a writers point of veiw. Then as you talk about whiting out smears on our hearts, i still felt like you were relating specifically to writers. How we think things through too much and want everything to be perfect. Where as maybe a mathemetician or football player doesnt think like this.  So well done! You related with your audience perfectly! (:

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

That means a lot, really. I appreciate that. To know that someone thinks I can convey such emotion, means much. Thank you.

OldYoungOne said...
This spoke to me more than any poems so far... I too wish that i could create and form my life... 5 stars for relatabilty... you have a knack for speaking what the writers heart is saying to itself eloquently thus breathing new life and mystery into the bland world of those who do not live by the pen and paper.