Entrancing Books | Teen Ink

Entrancing Books

By SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Battlefields of love, Mysteries,
Suspense, Wars and Fantasies,
Magic, Adventure and Greed,
Revenge, Power and need.
How many tempting worlds
As each new story unfurls;
To live so many lives,
Therein my happiness lies.
To flit in between dimensions,
And release myself of tensions.
To be so engrossed in every word
Everything else goes unheard!
To laugh and laugh my head off,
And yet never have enough.
Smooth, crispy pages together bound
One bewitching day a book I found.
Being a first-timer; I
Felt myself soar and fly.
I’ve heard, “Drugs are addiction.”
Nah! They’ve been beat by Fiction!
(Because I really really cried when,
When Albus Dumbledore died)
A bookworm you may call me,
But it’s a pity you don’t see
How many friends I make,
And what from books I take.
How each climax I relish,
And sometimes for clues fish.
How I sigh with content,
Like given a sedative, so potent
My breath, they take away
And In’em I wish I could stay.
Their sound, smell and touch I love,
To me a book is lovelier than a dove!

My love for reading :D

MahnoorR BRONZE, Jhelum, Other

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love." -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"When the well is empty, we know the worth of water."
-William Shakespeare

This is SO going on my Teen Ink Faves! ;) Lol, I cried more when Dobby died. x)

- Maya Angelou

Totally agreed!

Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." ~Einstein

Relateable notion: Looking at the old comments from your friends and smiling like idiots is one of the most amazing feelings. Agree?

- Maya Angelou

Oh my! Really?? WOW! It is such an honour.....haha autograph? All the way to Lahore...Maybe one day I'll post it :P

Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

Miss, you have got a true fan. Autograph please!!!

- Maya Angelou

Thank YOU!   Haha :D And the funniest part is when people stare and you don't even notice... :P

Ellabell PLATINUM, Columbia, Missouri

"I have not yet begun to fight!"
John Paul Jones

I couldn't agree more! well done! And you are not alone, I cried when Dumbledore died too, never mind the fact that I was at school. :)