Like a River Wild and Laconic Lake | Teen Ink

Like a River Wild and Laconic Lake

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I trail by the river—
A ribbon of free spirit,
Conceived by the wind;
It does as it pleases.

I stop by the lake—
A parabola of breathless water,
Motionless and transfixed
Till the surge arrive.

I am a lake
Numb and brimmed with Love;
I will drown myself
In the reflecting bowl—
Until I am hungover,
And the aftertaste of heartache begins,
I will flee like a river
From the source.

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

So incredibly descriptive and entrancing @-@ Your writing is positively hypnotic and I love it.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Oh good good good. I do hope—I know you'll do fine at your new school. And yes, I have plenty of new work. 

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

She's fine, thanks for asking :) And yeah, i think i'll survive my new school :) Oh! And do you have anyhing new, not that I have finished your previous work......... don't worry, one day i wil read it all!!!!! :) keeo rockin!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I hope your grandmother is okay. And I wish you so much luck at your new school. It's rough changing schools. Buy you'll make lots of friends. You're very cool form what I can tell. And yes, poems gloriffying cutting aren't beautiful. They're only beautiful when they convey the hoplesness of being helpless. And poetry will continue to be my therapy, not that I'm cray-cray or anything like that

I agree, I mean, I didn't really get into writing until this year actually. I also hate it when anyone I know really well (my close friends and family) read my work because they ask questions and they like it, but i don't think that they really see it. Last summer (2012) I was staying at my grandmothers house, and she had onne of those magnet boards with all the words that she used to write happy poems everyday and put them on her fridge (she had cancer at the time), so she kept the magnets around and one day i was just fooling around with them and actually made a pretty cool sounding poem. I think what drives me is passion, and in our own special ways, poetry is therapy. I mean, i don't know what depression is really because I don't think that I have ever been depressed, but I was a little just angry and shaken up this whole year (i'm switching schools), so i gues thats what propelled me. Yeah, about that cutters thing, I mean, i don't find beauty in poems like that unless they are genuinly amazing. Anyway, yeah

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Same here. Although I will say that is how I started writing poetry. I was depressed for the longest time. And just started writing about all that stored up emotion. Then, as I kept on writing, I decided to write about other things rather than sadness. And I'm not so depressed as I was five or so years ago. Writing has been my therapy. And I'm happy other people love it. I don't really share my work with the people I personally know because they don't really appreciate the art of poetry. So...yeah. But I'm happy to know someone out there in this world appreciate the beauty of my poetry, even if it's not grand as Keats or Ginsberg or Neruda. But thanks.  There's more to poetry than cutting and depression. Life has a lot to offer for writing. I think all those people who concentrate on like cutting only are the ones that make non-poets hate poetry. But it's up to us to enlighten this era to the beauty—true beauty that poetry offers. Keep rocking. 

No problem, and please, for my sake, bever think that your poetry will go unnoticed because frankly i will always be willing to read your work. When I joined teen Ink, i was kinda skepticle of the people on here. Everyone seemed to write about death and depression: so many cutting stories!!!! But I am glad that I have some form of a friend on here, even if it is virtual. I have learned recently that not everyone cuts themselves ;) yeah, so great job!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

WOW!!! I can't believe that. Oh, you've made my day. I'm ecstatic—I can barely contain myself with the joy you've given me. Thank you—those words aren't enough I'm afraid to express the gratitude I fee right now. You made my day more than I could've hoped for—let alone expect. I though this poem would go unnoticed. But you've seen some worth in it. Thanks. Keep rocking! Always!

Okay Mckay, I am officially determined to read ALL of your work because every time i read something, it is better than the last thing i read, and you are just so good. I feel like your work is what writing should be like. Metaphoric and poetic and just so full of maning and emotion. A lot of people write about depression and stuff and they use the word depression. When you write a sad piece of literature and stuff, i dont need you t tell me its sad because your work always speaks for its self. Once again i am floored. My work pales in comparison. Once again, amazing job, keep rockin!