In my Mind. | Teen Ink

In my Mind.

By BrokenTeen SILVER, Perth, Other
BrokenTeen SILVER, Perth, Other

You can't change me. Society is nothing but others saying what is right. I'll decide for myself.

Every day the pictures pull together, Just that little bit more. Remembering things from then... My mind is bringing it all back up... To the surface of my scariest nightmares. The memories, the tears and every single little fear. It's getting harder to hold it together... So much harder just to hold on. Your each pulling me in your own direction, Someone please let go? This is my mind set... and it can't take much longer. Sooner or later it'll be said and done. You won't stop me, you won't be able to. I just hope that when that time comes one of you will be standing.... Sitting... Waiting.. Ready... To catch me. Lock me up, keep me safe, boarded up, away from life, away from madness in a straight jacket, I'll then be all suited up. Spending my days sitting there counting memories, counting people that were lost... Finding faces I'd long forgot... In my mind...

This is about the struggle inside us all to live life. To keep going... To fight through what we've all been through.