To nobody in particular. | Teen Ink

To nobody in particular.

By EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California
EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide

The cold sheets, empty next to you draws reminder of the loneliness you try to often to escape. You tell the lie "I'm fine" but your face gives you away. You have these lines in the way you smile that speak a story in themselves though you hide them with makeup. You trace your lips remembering last nights kiss but to them you're just another home left on the bed when they snuck out. Tip toeing not to wake you up. What is love? Is it the feeling before the touch or the breath before the brush of the fingertips on your bra just before your skin. When you're on fire and you'd give anything to feel them within. What is love? Is it moments like this when you sit naked to the world baring your soul to nobody in particular for you're always alone yet the tears won't stop because you can't stop giving into temptation. What is love? Love is a thing you don't yet know though you've seen it on the screens. Love is warmth in your gut, the lump in your throat and the butterflies in your stomach. You yearn for a chance to be loved... You're used and thrown away like old napkins. You hold onto the idea of a picture perfect day, Yet here you stay. Naked, bearing your soul...To nobody in particular.

I feel like a lot of teenagers go through this up and down roller coaster of emotions in relationships and they think that everyone they have will last forever and it pains me.