superman | Teen Ink

superman

By prettyinpiink GOLD, Houston, Texas
prettyinpiink GOLD, Houston, Texas

" Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

the dark night sky scattered with stars and an acient moon whipers promises of danger. But i disregard this and make my way towards the damsel in distress. society doesnt care about my forgotten dinner left to grow cold or the unfinished soap opera that i must go without knowing the end of. But then again, i am superman

i grow weary of the days and hours, the constant need from the civilians to always have my presence. Might there be someone else to give a helping hand? But no,so i go and stop this criminal and receive a warm thanks in return. As if a simple thanks can wash away the fatique that this job brings! I wish to fly away and never return. But then again, i am super man

so i say, "Oh no problem!" In that good humored kind of way and go home in hopes to catch some sleep. But evil is something that is ceaseless and before i can even close my eyes, the wails of fear is piercing my already enervate ears. I guess that society doesnt realize that even superheros need their sleep and i dream of drifting back towards unconciousness but instead i pull on my cape and fly off. After all, i am superman

The next day the govenor presents me with an award and i walk through the doors with restlessness in my eyes and a smile pulled down by the weight of my struggles. I honestly couldnt care less about it. Will this award redeem hours of stolen sleep or childhood memories? I think not! But i take it regardless because after all, i am superman

yeah, yeah, so what if i have super powers? Despite my stregnth, the pressure i bear on my shoulders to never do wrong wears on me. Despite my incredible speed, i can never run fast enough to drown out the cries for help. And no matter how high i wish to go, the need for me to come back down is always there, as potent as ever. Im still superman

i bleed and i cry, i hopes and i have aspirations. I wish to fall in love just as much as the next person. Just because im a superhero doesnt mean that my skin is made from steel or that im immune to feeling emotions. I watch movies on the weekends and i fret about not having clean clothes. I with society would understand that while i may be superman, im still human too

this is really just an altered version of James W. Hall's parody "Maybe Dats Your Pwoblem Too"