I fear not Death | Teen Ink

I fear not Death

March 2, 2012
By Chloe Lozier PLATINUM, Coronado, California
Chloe Lozier PLATINUM, Coronado, California
21 articles 6 photos 1 comment

I fear not death, for death is my friend and I will embrace him when the time comes.
It is the life I leave behind that frightens me and makes me reminisce about my childhood and the people who I dearly love and will have to leave behind.
Will their memory of me escape their thoughts or fade like a worn photograph?
Or will they save a special place for me deep within their hearts?
There is great evil out there often in plain sight, but we can not show weakness or the enemy will prevail leaving us in the embrace of great destruction and anarchy.
I hope I fought for my country and served it honorably like my grandfather did on the beaches of Normandy.
I say this war was worth fighting for because freedom is deserved by all who seek it.
Men and women will still continue to fight my fight so our country may continue to be preserved in peace and prosperity.


The author's comments:
I think people need to take a minute and reflect on how lucky we all are to live in a country that has privileges and liberties denied by others in countries halfway around the world. We should be thankful for the U.S. Troops that defend and protect us with their lives and hope they are accomplishing their mission of keeping people safe and taking out the bad guys!