A Better System | Teen Ink

A Better System

January 8, 2012
By Zinaidia SILVER, Moreno Valley, California
Zinaidia SILVER, Moreno Valley, California
8 articles 3 photos 78 comments

Favorite Quote:
\\\"Whatever you are, be a good one.\\\"


Locked up in these walls Walking through these halls This system could be better. We could have more productivity More creativity, less lividity These minds could be expressed Rather than being suppressed And depressed from this horrible mess That we're going through Waiting for a better system. We have no say, long as they get paid This is the prison they have made For us, we're forced to stay and act Okay in this trap and just put a cap On it, they don't want to hear it, cause they fear it They're so near it, they're near the uprising The rebellion of us who can do this system better We could own up this school Make them all look like fools, way "uncool" They're just a tool, for now anyways. For now they won't expect it or detect it fully. Its an uprising, so surprising, we all are devising and lying To get that better system. Until then my friends, We wait And wait Behind these gates, Inside these halls Locked in these walls Just wait You know what for.


The author's comments:
I wrote this one day in math while my teacher was droning on about unimportant things.