the journey | Teen Ink

the journey

By hotshot PLATINUM, North Sioux City, South Dakota
hotshot PLATINUM, North Sioux City, South Dakota

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

night to day ,dawn to dusk, the jungle sleeps in a soundless hush. excitement rolling like thunder overhead the rain starts to pelt the ground. sorrow fills the lives of men but now i see the torment of our anger and malice. there is a story that can be told not from the sounds of our neighbors but also the hearts of our souls. i understand what true love means like a flower wilts when close to being deceased, our lives are timed like sand in an hourglass and yet our memory is unchanged. warmth to cold, light to dark i know I'm there for you when you get lost in the jungle that we call life. be still and be patient for whats could happen next could surprise you, live long and prosper not just as a plant's petals blooming and falling but also stay true to yourself before your night is over.

life's full of challenges no matter how hard or easy they become we all need one thing, and that is help. it may come quickly or it may come slowly but when it does get here it's usually worth having. thanks to all my friends because without you guys I would truly be lost

HiddenAngelInTheDark PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

Theres so many that I can't pick sorry

I really like it but couldn't fully understand it but very good piece