Lovely Lies | Teen Ink

Lovely Lies

By JessJess96 BRONZE, Town Creek, Alabama
JessJess96 BRONZE, Town Creek, Alabama

"Some people see the world in black and white, but never see the shades of gray. Those shades of gray are the ones that would give me hope, because they open my eyes to so much more." -Me

The lies you're telling me don't seem to make sense. You tell me one thing then turn around and do this.
What happened to "Sweetheart, I love you.", and sweet nothings whispered in my ear? Are you saying those things to her while you leave me standing here?
I can't take it anymore, so I'm leaving you today. I hope you don't mind honey, I packed my bags and went away. There's a note on the fridge and dinner in the microwave. Consider it as a goodbye gift, because it's the last gift you'll ever get from me.
Maybe I'll find someone new, who will love me more than you, and maybe his love will be true. Maybe he won't tell all these Lovely Lies..

Strangely enough, I got my inspiration for this poem from a hash tag on Twitter and it just grew from there. I took every ruined marriage I had ever seen on TV, and just ran with it.. I am personally very proud of this piece