Sincerly | Teen Ink

Sincerly

By LynellePoet SILVER, Newington, Connecticut
LynellePoet SILVER, Newington, Connecticut

I knew not how to live the lie, that ache from heart which felt unkind. And i never knew how to be silent, when screaming commands messed up my mind. I'd tell you, you live in a world of fiction. Where it's everyone's fault and you are blameless. For the present, how can your shame not show upon your face. And i type the letters out of my heart, which has been scarred, which has been scarred. And i cannot face, the truth.

We all live a lie. We all give a lie. As a definition. To someone else's pride.
They are not love-able, they are not right.
We all live a lie.
We all live a lie.

Why would i, love everyone i see. Make a new perception, new reality. The rules are broken to that old senseless game. And you remain the same, and you remain the same.

So i smile and tell myself the truth. And it might be that love is the times you, let them scream, and let them deem, and let them change you.

But never draw a stronger blade, made of hate, made and made.

Of the same substance, for which will wield, was it in the first place...

Hate gives to hate.
Love gives to love.
Change is what you wanted in the first place,
Just not your own.

But I've wanted my own, always wanted my own.
Always wanted my own.

To be strong.

Lynelle Poet is an 18 year old fiction writer. She recently published two short novellas. She has a blogspot where she posts her poetry, it is Lynellepoet.blogspot.com

@colorful expect - I couldn't find the poem you wanted me to look at on your page.

.Izzy. BRONZE said...
.Izzy. BRONZE, Broadview Heights, Ohio
I love this poem, especially how you ended it. Good job!

littlelilith SILVER, Dallas, Texas

"Your perspective may very well be the determining factor in whether you pass the test."

Pretty good, needs a few capitalization and punctuation fixes though. Other than that, BRAVO! :)