The Novel-Life | Teen Ink

The Novel-Life

By Sissybug2012 PLATINUM, Union, Missouri
Sissybug2012 PLATINUM, Union, Missouri

"the greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return." -MOULIN ROUGE (song lyrics)

You started like a pop up book. You know, the ones where cute little pictures of creatures and animals and cartoons pop up every time you flip a page?
Those books are simple.
They describe things well.
They have the 3D pictures as even more of a description.
Well, that's how you started.
You were a pop up book.
You were creative and spontaneous.
You were full of color and details.
You were their, like 3D.
Then things started getting complicated along the way and that pop up book quickly turned into a junk pile of words that didn't make sense.
You became an encyclopedia of confusion with all these weird definitions and big words.
You became quiet and alone.
You kind of turned into a dusty book hidden on a shelf.
You were kind of boring.
But something happened to you.
You became mature, strong, and different.
Your pop up book turned into a encyclopedia, that turned into a beautiful novel.
That novel didn't have pictures, but it had beautiful words that would flow together like music notes.
You became 3D again, without your pictures.
You became creative without cartoons and colors.
You became....
YOU!
And that makes every page of your novel-life worth reading.

CaptainFabulous GOLD, Gray Summit, Missouri

"Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast" - Lewis Carroll

Sarah ... i think i know who this is about ... AND I LOVE IT!

Very metaphorica,l great job! :D

Sissybug2012 PLATINUM, Union, Missouri

thanks.... i wrote it about the beginning of my relationship with my boyfriend. lol.

Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

I dig the extended metaphor you used in this poem, it was very creative and had a sort of indy/artsy feel to it.

I like the upbeat/optimistic message and you definitely have a good vibe going for your work.