BLASPHEMY | Teen Ink

BLASPHEMY

December 15, 2010
By merelyacitizen DIAMOND, Waynesville, North Carolina
merelyacitizen DIAMOND, Waynesville, North Carolina
64 articles 2 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
I reject your reality and substitute my own.


”Blasphemy!” I cried.
“Foolish!” You screamed: when I told you I wished to follow my dreams.
“The world is cruel, its people are harsh.” You spoke”
“I comprehend the cruelty, I wish to live remote.”
“You cannot keep hidden from the world.” You said as you gestured.
“But I will keep my pride low! Hardly be sequestered.
I will strive in the shadows, be swift as the rain.”
“They will deem you a martyr! Cause you irrevocable pain!”
“They cannot harm me,” I boasted, “I will be quiet as flight.”
“They are renowned in the day, but do violence at night!”
“Then I will defeat them, heartily, and let my light shine.”
“Oh , come now, you braggart! They will leave you behind!”
Though I knew I was incorrect I was not inclined to inspect any means inconsistent to my own.
“You will see your end.” She said. “You fool, they will leave you without a home.”
“Nonsense!” I berated. “They will be supremely elated, and everything be as I have always planned.”
“Your ego has become bloated. Retreat, you are not the chosen.”
“You dare cast me down! Step away from my crown. You merely cannot comprehend.”
“I understand fully. I do, truly. I simply wish for you to be safe.”
“My safety is of no concern, for they will never be able to reach my absconding pace.”
“Your prowess is less than you think. Please back down from your instinct.”
“My prowess is more than able to sit equal, no! above their table. It will do more than protect.”
“I beg you, cease your arrogant mission. Discontinue your volition. What you are proposing will leave you in a most precarious position.”
“My propositions are solid in standing. Your defeats are so demanding. What would you have me do, regret the one thing I hold dear?”
“No, love, you are beautiful in all of your dealings. You are so worthy, I merely want everyone to hear.”