Jacket | Teen Ink

Jacket

By Kbuschan PLATINUM, South Plainfield, New Jersey
Kbuschan PLATINUM, South Plainfield, New Jersey

Fall in love or fall in hate; Get inspired or be depressed; Ace a test or flunk a class; Make babies or make art; Speak the truth or lie and cheat; Dance on tables or sit in the corner; Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Breathe. And enjoy the ride...

I cover my face wih my jacket
As the sounds around me go mute
And the sweet fragrance of my perfume gets louder
As my warm breath covers my face with heat
As my body relaxes and my heart beat slows
One yawn,
Thats all i need
And slowly i go spiraling
Into that coma like sleep
...Right in the middle of English class:)

i love to sleep

OriginalCarbonation GOLD, Naperville, Illinois

dream as if you'll live forever
live as if you'll die tomorrow

i LOVE how you amke the smell get "louder"!! that is just amazing!! it has a nice ring and a certain hidden rythm, and somehow manages to capture perfectly a simple little moment. that is very difficult, so good job! (and ironic ending?  oh yes :D )

SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

hahaha I love the last line! C: I also like how you said "Sweet fragrance of my perfume gets louder" instead of "stronger." I like to describe senses that aren't hearing as getting louder too! Like once I was describing clarinets and I said "the lights brighten and the keys sparkle louder." Okay, back to my point, this poem is hilarious and nicely put together.