A Normal Autumn Day | Teen Ink

A Normal Autumn Day

By Sarah1311 DIAMOND, Clackamas, Oregon
Sarah1311 DIAMOND, Clackamas, Oregon

"To the world you may not be someone, but to someone you may be the world" and "Never frown because you never know who's fallen in love with your smile" <3

I look outside and what do I see? I see trees shedding thier colored leaves as the autumn wind blows. I see a light blue sky with white clouds. The scene almost peaceful, the setting quite sound. I walk toward the doors, the outside calling, I want to be free but inside here I am not, in here it's like a nightmare slowly suffocating me, outside I get some peace, everyone leaves me be. The minutes go by, almost like time has slowed, I wait impatiently in my seat, I just want to go, the others around me just talk and laugh, while I sit here trying to earase memorys of the past, when the bell finally rings I jolt from my seat, I grab my bag and run, I don't miss a beat, the cold air numbs my face and the leaves crunch beneath my feet. My mind is clear once again, all the stress slipping away, but I know it will be back again when comes another day.

I wrote this poem in my study hall class. I was looking out the window at the trees and there colorful leaves when I suddenly thought up this poem.