Because No one Would Think...... | Teen Ink

Because No one Would Think......

By DarknessForever13 SILVER, Gainesville, Texas
DarknessForever13 SILVER, Gainesville, Texas

Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore!"
"What's right isn't always popular, but what's popular isn't always right." - Unknown

I like to be in a storm and run as fast as my legs can carry me because no one would think I was running from everything that has caused pain in the past.
I like to stand next to fires and breath in the somehow fasinating smell of smoke because no one would think my face was red from the anger in my heart.
I like to sit in a tree with music playing because it feels like I am flying away from the all the names.
Most of all, I love to dance in the rain because no one can see me cry.

This piece was inspired by a lot of things, such as the part about the anger, I have had trouble at school last year and people still tease me about it, I have always been an outcast in school. and I guess these are the feelings I have towards all the people that have given me grief. besides, I am not an emotional person, and writing is the only way I can get my TRUE feelings across, after all, teenagers who are different from the..IN..crowd are nothing to those kinds of people, and we only handle so much, right?

justjosie PLATINUM, Scottsburg, Indiana

"Love a girl who writes,
and live her many lives;
you have yet to find her,
beneath her words of guise."

I like this poem, and when you asked for my opinion on if you should keep it on here, I say yes. I think your very talented, and this poem is very good and I think many people can agree with it.

babyrex4 SILVER, Buffalo, New York

\"You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.\"

Author Unknown

This poem is really beautiful. It is short, but in that little poem, is a gigantic message. Don't listen to those people in school that may tease you, or spread rumors, because if you do, it will haunt you for quite awhile like it did to me. Don't worry, many people are in your shoes, including me. Its a wonderful feeling to know you aren't alone in this world.

RedFeather GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Prose is like walking but poetry is like dancing.
—Paul Valery, poet (1871 - 1945)

I absoluetly agree with you. As far as most people at school are concerned, if you're not IN, you're nothing more than a subject of nothing for their gossip. This is a great poem that I really appriciate for that reason. I've had trouble at school for a while, things have recently greatly improved, but I still get trouble. I submitted a poem that you might like (Autumn Rain), it's not up yet, but you might like to check it out in a couple days.

dancestar GOLD said...
dancestar GOLD, Westford, Massachusetts

BE WHO YOU WANNA BE NOT WHO OTHERS WANNA SEE!!!

that was really good! great job! i especially love the last line....i think this poem really touched my heart...awesome!!!

MissSMS said...
MissSMS, Kevil, Kentucky

“-You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
-What mood is that?
-Last-minute panic.” - Calvin and Hobbes

Well now. I certainly like it, but it also wasn't what i was expecting. It takes a lot to do that, so CONGRATS! :)

Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore!"

Thank you for your comment. I have been told that I have many different voices. Although, could you clarify on why you added all the twilight things? I didn't exactly understand where that fit in. :-) I looked for some of your work, but I am afraid I can't find any. Could you help me, please? Oh, I know this will sound strange, but I find it completely out of the norm that I don't know if you are male or female. If you don't want to say, that is understandable. I have other articles you might like, "Betrayal is love, love is betrayal", "Blood and Chocolate", "Survival is rebellion", and "Alchemy's Heart". I would be eternally greatful if you commented and rated. Thank you, gnarly quotes by the way! "Why so serious?"-The Joker, Dark Knight ~Blood is thicker then ink~

Iriqtaq SILVER said...
Iriqtaq SILVER, Sioux Falls, SD, South Dakota

"I'm afraid you've gone mad, completely bonkers! But I'll tell you a secret: All the best people are." --Alice in Wonderland, 2010

Oh, wait! There's more! I know you've probably heard it a million times before, but the IN crowd sucks. I could offer you a jumble of confusing advice, but all I can say is that it really DOESN'T matter what they think. They can THINK whatever they want to, and you can't change that. But YOU can think what you want to as well.

So they think you're crazy. Who cares? Maybe you ARE crazy.

"You've gone mad, completely bonkers!

"But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are." --Alice in Wonderland, 2010

Hope you read some of MY poems as well. "The Unblind" and TO BE POSTED: "Crazy Gone, Sanity Come," in particular. ;)

Many more good wishes and perhaps a good fairy to grant them,

Iriqtaq

Iriqtaq SILVER said...

Story time! While reading another person's work, the amnesia one? Yeah, I read your comment and thought "now this looks like an intelligent person who seems to have an honest streak!" So I searched for your poem here, excited to see what your writing style was like!

For starters, I really loved your comment on the other story. It was exactly how I imagine you think and talk. It was spunky and fresh and honest. However, I was surprised to find that your poems have a very different voice from the comment which initially interested me. I can see the Steph Meyer influence, which bothers me. A lot. I can't say I'm a Twilight fan. The books are page turners, but that's about it. I hope you understand.

ANYWAYS, back to the point. Don't let your writing style be influenced too much by one specific author. It's good to read a lot of things from many different authors so you can incorporate the things you admire in THEIR styles into your OWN style. So make sure you read a wide variety of books, not just reading the same type of books a lot. I really love your natural voice, so, please don't try to be TOO much like Stephanie Meyer. ;)

Still hoping to rescue your voice from drowning in a sea of Twilight,

Iriqtaq