i fear | Teen Ink

i fear

September 7, 2010
By llamachick PLATINUM, Seneca, South Carolina
llamachick PLATINUM, Seneca, South Carolina
42 articles 3 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe


I fear growing up and forgetting how to be a child, at the same time I could stay a child forever and never have to deal with adult issues.

I fear everyone leaving me, and I would be all alone. And at the same time no one ever letting me have space could cause me to go insane.

I fear the world leaving me and never being able to catch up. And at the same time I could be left behind in the rush and not have a care in the world.

I fear change, because I know there is a cost for staying the same, and at the same time I almost think that I can pay it.

I fear people who are fearless, and at the same time I know that no one is truly fearless, it is all a show.

I fear knowledge, people who have the knowledge of my past, and maybe even my future. But at the same time I think I want to be blessed with that knowledge.

I fear love and all the hurt that comes with it, but at the same time I know that it is a beautiful beautiful thing.

And most of all I fear life. Having to grow up to face it, but yet having the soul of a child. Sometimes having to be alone, sometimes having to be left behind, and always having to change to get through it. Having to face those people who have the lie of fearless mastered. Having to face the knowledge and having to gain some of my own. And having to love even though it hurts so very much.


The author's comments:
it was a prompt in creative writeing class,but it turned out alright i thought,comment please.