from up above. | Teen Ink

from up above.

By softballbabe2014 SILVER, Wimberley, Texas
softballbabe2014 SILVER, Wimberley, Texas

"Smile now, Cry later." "everything happens for a reason"

I know your always watching me from up avove, the love I have for you is a never ending love. When I was young, you were always there and now you're gone and sometimes I feel so alone. I remember when your friends would say "leave her home" but you always insisted to take me along. I miss you more than you will ever know, but I know that your always watching me from up above.

NaomiPikalek GOLD, Millwaukee, Wisconsin
:'( its really sad in a way, but optimistic to. i really do love your poetry!

CountryPopGirl PLATINUM, Lawrenceville, New Jersey

"You love someone, you open yourself up to suffering, that's the sad truth. Maybe they'll break your heart, maybe you'll break their heart and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks. The thought of losing so much control over personal happiness is unbearable. That's the burden. Like wings, they have weight, we feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens which allow us to fly..."
-Dr. Jack Hodgins (Bones)

reminds me of heaven

Kiki_McGee GOLD, Woodstock, Illinois

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all." - Emily Dickinson

All of those who have left this world will always be with us in heart and spirit.