Consensus Theory | Teen Ink

Consensus Theory

By Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

The one thing I know is all I know
Is spreading fear and waging wars
All I know is what I’m for-fighting
I don’t know what I’m fighting for
The business of violence is promising
When you have such a twisted attitude
But the only true things are me and my sins
And I found I’m the lesser one of the two
When these battles first begin
All your morals are compromised
Once you experience your first win
All your morals are set aside
The idea of spreading chaos and destruction
Is kind of like the idea of harmony
Because the sword is your personal army
And you become its personal army
Its nice to know that two so different
Can work together for a cause
And share their greatness with a nation
That was doing just great before it all
With such a sharp but fragile edge like mine
And an aptitude to kill with no second thought
It appears that my mighty sword and I
May not be so different after all.

This kind of reminds me of the...okay, it really really reminds me of the fire nation from Avatar, where they're like "oh so you're waging wars and killing people?" "yep, just trying to share our greatness with the rest of the world."

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

Actually I just love ozais face and his name and his hair.i love his evil grin.dont like his ego.i wood burn his ego to the ground. he is too simple minded zuko is ctually kinda funny to me he says things are meant to be funny but they come out hilarious I've never had anything against zuko. Sokka described katara pretty well in the runaway.

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

Me too. I don't like Katara but I like her power. I don't like her because of the way she was to Zuko when Zuko came to them and asked for their forgivenesss. She was very cruel to him. What do you think of Zuko? Why do you like Ozai? I hate him so much because he destroyed his family. 

I agree with you about Suki. In fact, I agree with you with everything you said. 

Me too. Also, water is the collest bending power because you can heal and you can also bend blood(did you see that epsiode) and to me it looks SUPER_COOL to bend water. It just looks like tons of fun. Oh, and I've always been a total water baby so water would be the natural choice for my element. :)

Thank you! Love you too! :)

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

fav? well there all so diff. azulas character is well developed. aang is bubbly and funny. sokka is hilarious. i like toph too. i hate katara. i love ozai. i like appa too. suki is a waste of ink and voice overs. i love you. i'd prob. say water too, cause you have so mush to work with. dirt just doesnt do it for me. air-no. fire?-maybe. i love you captain.

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Henry Drummond

I love Avatar! One of my favorite shows.  I just watched some episodes last night. 

And who are your favorite characters? 

Mine's Toph. 

It's funny-my mom said I'm like her. :)

And if I had to pick what element to bend, I'd choose water. 

What about you?

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

yep...mm hmm...evil. merci tres beaucoup captain!

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Henry Drummond

WOW! 

Your small poem contains the basis for evil! 

Just wow, amazing. 

You're so talented! :)

timevampire GOLD, Bellville, Ohio

Quoting yourself makes you an ass.

Hahaha I know I randomly started writing. I think it may be a start of a poem for me hhmmm....

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

you have to love it when you dont' know what the comment was about or what it was saying or the point behind it but it has to be good because they did leave a comment, right?....am i right?....am I?.....guys?

timevampire GOLD, Bellville, Ohio

Quoting yourself makes you an ass.

You know what screw it, my sword will be my peace pipe! Just becaue I'm broken doesn't mean I can't fight. ( O, freestyle :P)

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

merci captiain. i like the fact that you think i'm extremely awesome and thanks for commentating on my monkey.

JohnDeereGirl DIAMOND, Westerlo, New York

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not"
"Somewhere betweeen us talking, you saying I deserve better, and you making me laugh when I wanted to cry, I fell in love with you."

Very beautiful. This really reminds me of a book called "The Knife of Never Letting Go" Amazing book!! This has that plot in it.  I love the way you write, you're extreamly awesome :-)

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

thank you much so captain. i really commment your appreciate.

distressed_cinderella PLATINUM, San Leandro, California

" You can't make something stay that wants to go. You can only love what you have while you have it"

Amen and Hallerloojah ( I would be immensely surpsided if that is correct spelling) I liked your poem a lot, interesting the way some lines reflect eachother. This poem can speak to war in general (large and small scale)

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

merci tres beacoup (i know that translates to 'very alot much", i did it on purpose) your comment is one of the best I've ever gotten. i guess punctuation was totally absent in that one. i dont dot my i's or cross my t's either. why does everyone think i try to confuse people? its one thing to think the author is confusing but its another thing to think it was done on purpose. guess that means i have alot to work on... x0.i dont see how it was vague. what did I miss?

aquarius SILVER, Lancaster, Pennsylvania

"unwelcome truths are not popular."

Sorry, but I'm not sure why some of my posts repeat themselves and others don't. It's obvious where it ends and begins though. Apologies again! S:

-rowannn<3

"unwelcome truths are not popular."

My first thought was that this was a little vague, but when I reread it, it seemed almost as though you MEANT for there to be a little mystery. Is this right? [:

As for nitpicking, I have none (besides maybe punctuation, but I'm a dork with that). Haha. [:

"But the only true things are me and my sins / And I found I’m the lesser one of the two" and "It appears that my mighty sword and I / May not be so different after all" are my FAVORITE lines in the piece. They seem to flow together so nicely, and the latter ended the poem very well. [: Overall, nice job. I may even look at your other stuff. :D

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

so...what now? thanks for the comment. its a horse, but the horse wasnt the point ofcourse. hey, the episodes, not the movie. what about your reputation?

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

I adored this one. Quite an interesting point of view of violence. I couldn't really tell what the picture was, though. Did it remind me of the fire nation from Avatar? I care too much about my reputation to answer that truthfully.

You've got a magic mind, my friend.