What she is... | Teen Ink

What she is...

By Toe_The_Line SILVER, Muscoda, Wisconsin
Toe_The_Line SILVER, Muscoda, Wisconsin

"In a field, I am the abscence of field. It's always been like that. Wherever I am, I am what is missing." - Mark Strand
"We are reading the story of our lives... we keep turning the pages, hoping for something." - Mark Strand

Like December,
She’s cold as snow.
Picturesque.
The face fit for any Christmas card.
But she’s cold.
She’s ice.
And she is winter,
All that is winter.
Nice to look at,
From a distance.
Not to touch,
Or be around for too long
Over-exposure.
She stings.
But she’s still
So goddamn pretty.
Yea, she’s like the snow.
Until you realize that she isn’t.
At all.
She melts,
She’s bright,
Warm.
She's a thousand shades of spring.

I wrote this in study hall, while it was snowing outside... It could mean something different to everyone. You decide.

OneBarProductions PLATINUM, Union, Missouri

"You think it is the living that will have the ultimate judgement over you, but it's the dead that will have no claim over your soul"

This is the girl who you absolutey love. You think she's perfect in every single way, but what she does in her life affects you...that's-what I got from this :) I liked it! Keep it up!

.xCutMyLifeIntoPiecesx. PLATINUM, Longmont, Colorado
I like this poem because it starts out kind of like... I'm not really sure, like there's no hope for whoever "she" is. Like she's beautiful and perfect, yet there are so many things wrong with her and no one can change that. No one can save her. But then there's this little twist at the end where "She's bright, warm." That's really good. It's very... I don't know haha i'm not sure how to say it, I just like that little totally unexpected twist. And the last line is very pretty. I mean, it's just beautiful. "She's a thousand shades of spring." Wonderful. :)