A Life's Lie | Teen Ink

A Life's Lie

By Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan
Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun" -The Killers (Read My Mind)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -George Harrison

You say it's wretched
You say it's grotesque
You say it's unbearable
But I know you life is nothing,
Nothing like that

You say you'll endure it
That it's a scar you'll live with
You say I know nothing
But I can read in between the lines.

You say you've been abused
But you lie in vain
The trust I gave you slaps me in the face
I know your life is nothing,
Nothing like that

You say I don't understand
But that's the problem

I do

sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

"I have always wanted to write in such a way that people say, 'I have always thought that but never found the words for it.'" -anonymous

This is great. Your best piece. I can definitely feel your emotion behind it. It's fascinating really. I loved it. I think I've read it three or four times now... Great job. 

Starrlyt PLATINUM, Willard, North Carolina

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars -Les Brown

Nice.  I really like it...it's a bit vague but that's what gives it mystery. I love it...

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

"Tormented by the demon of literature." ~ Gaston Leroux, author of the Phantom of the Opera

Shakespeare could not have said it better himself.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

Well, faces are useless. The people behind them are what matter.

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

Hmm... I'm not? And yet, if you'd have met me on the streets... you wouldn't be able to tell me apart from the person next to me.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

Well...you're not just some other face. And, I'm glad it's only temporary.

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

Could be better. But what is my life in this world of so many others to be of upmost importance? It's only temporary.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

It's fine, I was talking about you and another person too. How are you doing right now?

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

As have I. It seems we understand each other, author to author. That is, if you were talking about me. Forgive my misunderstanding if you were referring to someone else.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

I dont know if it's a saviour, but I've found someone to talk to...that actually understands...so...it's not as bad as it could be.

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

And you are that soul, aren't you? That poor, lost little mind... Forever doomed to go on without somebody? Or have you found a saviour? Someone to help?

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

E-Exactly...

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

Forever disputing against themselves, confused and tortured about whom exactly they should be.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

For some people, they are their own enemy... 

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

Ah, after our talks, I do not blame you for hesitation. Everyone has their masks. But I chose to remove mine. It's still there, for those who need it. But why should I lie? Who should not like to be themselves?

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

Yes, it was inspired by frustration. We do have a lot in common, or at least it seems that way.

KosuKovu13 SILVER, Hobart, Indiana

Hmmm, maybe we are one mind, you and I. We seem to have a lot in common, don't you think? I know how these words spill onto paper, more than just letters in arrangement. Emotions, thoughts, stress. Anger. This was most certainly inspired by frustration? Please forgive me if I fail to anwer correctly.

Cigg.Sunn GOLD said...
Cigg.Sunn GOLD, Avondale, Arizona

"When we were yonger, we used to think dandelions were flowers, it's not until we grew up that we begun calling them flowers. Dandelions never changed. Our standards did."

"You say I don't understand

But that's the problem

I do"...

^^^

This is my favorite line, soley because it gets me. this poem is so realisitc.

Great flow.

Supernova7 GOLD, Redford, Texas

Let me cry my tears let me live in sorrow as long as you promise to be with me tomorrow
By Me:)

ha I decided to read your stuff because of your comment on Jack Walton's forum. this reminds me of my Best friend she likes to exagerate

RebeccaR PLATINUM, Racine, Wisconsin

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it.
-- Jonathan Winters

Okay so like I had to read one of your poems bcause I wanted to know the person who was insulting me:) I liked it. I only wish you wouldn't COMPLETELY dis my feedback on someone elses work!