To Prudence On Her Birthday, From Her Friend Jude | Teen Ink

To Prudence On Her Birthday, From Her Friend Jude

November 11, 2009
By idkill4thekillers PLATINUM, Orchard Park, New York
idkill4thekillers PLATINUM, Orchard Park, New York
23 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play for your birthday.
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day, on this your 15th birthday.
The sun is up, and glimmering off your special birthday cup.
The sky is blue, your whole life you grew and grew.
It's beautiful, and so are you.
Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play and have a super happy birthday!!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes, today you’re a step closer to being really old and wise.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies, and devour all your birthday pies.
The wind is low, but that won't bring you woe.
The birds will sing, because you’re a step closer to finding your king.
That you are part of everything.
Dear Prudence, won't you open up your eyes to this dandy birthday surprise.
Look around, round, round, round, round. Look around, round, round, round round.
Look around, round, round, and finally see what couldn't be found.
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile, and together we can travel many a mile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child, so sweet, so innocent, so wild.
The clouds will be a daisy chain, your beauty can never be slain.
So let me see you smile again, because if you don't I'll only feel pain.
Dear Prudence, won't you let me see you smile, even if it's just for a little while.

Happy Birthday!!!
Love, Jude


The author's comments:
I wrote this for my friend on her birthday. If anyone has ever seen the movie, "Across the Universe" then they will know where I got the names and song from. They'll also know if they are huge Beatles fans like me. I call my friend Prudence cuz her name starts with "p" and she calls me Jude cuz my name starts with "j". Hope you all like the poem.