Butterflies | Teen Ink

Butterflies

By xLyss SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida
xLyss SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

"So hold your head high gorgeous, there's people that would kill to see you fall."
"Carpe Diem. Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary."

You're my sparkling diamond (no, not like Moulin Rouge because she died)
But still, you're that rare "gleam of sunshine" in my life
You're that first shining star in the sky that everyone yearns to make a wish on
Or better yet, that rare shooting star that streaks across the night sky in all its vibrant colors-
that one star everyone wants to see in their life time
You're that "feeling infinite" feeling I get as I speed down the highway, windows rolled down, wind in my hair, and a mixed CD of favorite songs blasting in my ear
Speaking of which, all the songs on that CD remind me of you and try to express the way you make me feel
You're the care-free, blissful feeling I get by the water, the waves brushing against my toes and refreshing breeze across my face

You're the cause of all the butterflies (:

The feelings of first love, crushes, infatuations, and aspirations inspired me. That once in a lifetime feeling with all the cliches that accompany it- the fluttering in your stomach, the skip in your step, that bright smile and flushed cheeks.

xLyss SILVER said...
xLyss SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

Thanks! I really appreciate your feedback (:

xLyss SILVER said...
xLyss SILVER, Jacksonville, Florida

Thank you (: And I'll be sure to look at your stuff, too.

shelby_kat DIAMOND, Warren, Ohio

"I can sum up everything I've learned about life in three words; it goes on." -Robert Frost

I LOVE THIS!!!!! :D check out my stuff too

Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other

"If one will scoff at the study of language, how, save in terms of language, will one scoff?" - Mario Pei
"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." Isaac Asimov

This is cute, and again, you described that feeling so well. It's like the person's talking to you. Great job!