When it Rains | Teen Ink

When it Rains

By Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

When it rains
It washes away
What’s wet and what
The wetness stained
And drowns what came
To cause me pain
And keep me up
All night and day
And possibly take
My life away
19 horses and 19 men
Knocking on my window pane
And when it rains
It tells the day
No one can come out to play
And that makes the sun say
“I must now dry up the day
And save whats left to be saved”.
And when I look
I have to say
That what I see I can’t explain
What was flooded yesterday
Is now completely drained
And when I say
The sun has came
To shine its rays
On my troubled face
And liven what relentless rain
Had no remorse and washed away
-19 horses and 19 men
Knocking on my window pane.

this poem is about misconceptions, and how us being the paranoid freaks that we are, assume people are out to get us when really all they want is to get out of the rain.

LeisurelySketches GOLD, Tricity, Other

Your life has a limit but knowledge has none. (Zhuangzi)

A little nitpick, but 'the sun has came' is a bit awkward. Otherwise it's perfect.

LeisurelySketches GOLD, Tricity, Other

I may not have understood the poem fully, but I love the theme. It's profound and interesting. Though you said it's about misinterpreting others' intentions, perhaps it is also a metaphor for being too pessimistic about the vagaries of life and the circumstances one finds oneself in (not too trite, I hope). A nice sentiment, and so beautifully expressed- framework, symbolism, rhyme and rhythm, everything. I hope you continue creating more admirable works like this one.

beccalynn1663 GOLD, West Milford, New Jersey

Let your smile change the world. Don't let the world change your smile.

you are such a good poet!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Simply outstanding. I too short of words to compliment this poem. 

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

Ooh....thankment muchly!!!

Thecurseofdestiel SILVER, Denton, North Carolina
That... is amazing

you are so fabulous for commentating. Thx so much.

Clarabelle SILVER, Caracas, Other
This poem is amazing, I'm practically in love with it!! I especially like the rhyming scheme - It makes the poem flow very easily

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Why, You're Welcome!!

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

Thank you so much for commentating. I hope you did your dance.

- Maya Angelou

Really liked it, as soon as I saw the title , just knew, HAD to read it...the best thing is the ryhming scheme, beautiful,...plus a very nice interpretation of rain... 

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

I really love you. Thx.

ChobaniLuvinPenguin PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well."
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

This poem flowed as easy as rain ;) But seriously, amazing job! I totally get your metaphor! It's unique and very creative and deep :) Great job!

W. said...
Merci tres beaucoup. U two r forever tha bestees.

HateKnuckle SILVER, Peru, New York
A year later and I now have no idea why I posted that. I love this poem now even though I still have trouble understanding it exactly. I realize it was kinda harsh and I apologize for that. If I can't like it for underastnding it then I can love it for the sounds and rhythm and try to make sense of it literally.

starwriter GOLD, Durango, Colorado

Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world.
-J. K. Rowling

I love this poem, the first line caught my eye and I knew I had to read it!!! I also really like the ending.

BAU.emily SILVER, Bothell, Washington

"evolution takes what we are, and gives us what we will be." ~me

i really liked this, rain is a metiphor i like to revisit alot because its so versatile (that and i live in washington state!) :) i that you repeated similar sentence structure, like the sound of the words "rain, pain, pane, came, save," it made it flow beautifully!! you have GREAT talent my friend!!!!

TerraCotta GOLD, Cupertino, California

“A man, who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.”

The perspective of the poem is interesting. Stylistically , it's nothing much, but conceptually, it was extremely well laid out. Keep up the good work!

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

You are forever loved. Thanks so much for commentating.

keke_curry said...
keke_curry, Wilmington, North Carolina
I love this because its so heart felt and I could feel the emotion that was put into it as I read it