Hands | Teen Ink

Hands

By isabelc1011 SILVER, Chagrin Falls, Ohio
isabelc1011 SILVER, Chagrin Falls, Ohio

"Though much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Lord Alfred Tennyson

Hands, clasped.

Then thrown around his neck, already receding.
Hands waving

Hands shaking.
Hands brushing away a tear,

crumbling.

Hands, fading.

music_lover PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

MY quote: "Without music, life would be absolutely pointless.... Music is my life and it always will be!"

It is sooo cool how just a few words, when put together to flow well, say so much! I agree this poem is really powerful. Keep writing. :)

This was a really powerful poem and I enjoyed reading it.

Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other

"If one will scoff at the study of language, how, save in terms of language, will one scoff?" - Mario Pei
"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." Isaac Asimov

I love how you never stated the meaning, but you know what it is when you read it. Really, really powerful.

bonniex3rose GOLD, Pompton Plains, New Jersey
i loved reading this. it's so simple but the words are so powerful. the meaning can be broad, but it is obvious and the picture you selected help show what meaning is