The Witness | Teen Ink

The Witness MAG

By isabelc1011 SILVER, Chagrin Falls, Ohio
isabelc1011 SILVER, Chagrin Falls, Ohio

"Though much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Lord Alfred Tennyson

A steady stream of live video feed:
Helicopters, police cars, SWAT teams,
An ambulance that drives away, lights ­flashing, siren

Quiet like the boys & girls locked in the classrooms, wondering
Who was it? Who was it?
& in the sky, a bird flies too close to the sun

Watching the city stand still.

The children will always wonder.
The witness will always fly.

There was a stabbing at a school I used to go to. The victim died. The school was on lockdown for hours, even the students who witnessed the fight.

Jacky<33 BRONZE, La, California

My Favorite personal quote has to be Smile now cry later because it tells me to be happy even tho i am in a rough time && be thankful.

I love the way you explained it && i kno how yooh feel because at my old skoo was a shooting and dat person that died was actually my frends brother

Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other

"If one will scoff at the study of language, how, save in terms of language, will one scoff?" - Mario Pei
"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." Isaac Asimov

This is really meaningful, and I love how you got a poem of such a horrible thing, and put in that the 'children will always wonder. The witness will always fly.' Really well written!

AnneW SILVER said...
AnneW SILVER, Santa Clara, California
Wow this is really good

I like how you put in the different things that could be seen: helicopters, police cars, ambulance, even the bird