Life Obama's Way | Teen Ink

Life Obama's Way

By CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina
CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina

"It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams."

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

She was in that school chair all the time,
And all day long.
She was tired of all this teaching,
And all the things that she got wrong.
She left there in a hurry, ran to her house,
Told her mom she was quitting,
She was going to drop out.
Her mom sat her down and said,
"Honey, please don't do this."
But her mind was made up,
And she couldn't be dealt with.
She told her mom that she was, sick of learning,
And that she wouldn't go back,
Even though she could see her mom it was hurting.

Life came hard and cruel to that little girl,
And she began to realize,
She had given up the world.
She had a poor little job,
At a convenience store.
And her trashy car had broken something
She just couldn't afford.
Her friends who had finished school had all become a success,
And she saw she had made of her life a complete mess.

She wanted to fix things,
But she couldn't pay for school.
And they didn't give any scholarships,
'Cause the government was cruel.
They had ruined the economy,
And had taken all the cash.
They had killed her elderly grandmother,
And all the old ones at last.

The President was a Communist,
And there was no hope.
The America she knew as a child,
Had all gone up in smoke.
One day she tells her children,
Of how it was like,
To be free to make decisions,
Without fear of a fight.
The veterans run and hide in fear,
Of the President now,
Because he says that they are a threat,
And they must be wiped out.

What happened to that country,
Land of the Free?
It was taken over by a man,
Who was communist as could be.

In the end there's no one old, fat, or free,
And no one has the choice to be
What they want to be.

I was encouraged to write this poem because it seems to be a way to express the direction our country is headed. I wanted to write this on this web site because we, the teenagers of America are the ones who will have to live with all of this junk. We have the opportunity to change the future. Let's take it!

AishaDae GOLD said...
AishaDae GOLD, Lead, South Dakota

"The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow” -Bob Marley

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"
-Dr. Seuss

I completely agree!!

AishaDae GOLD said...
AishaDae GOLD, Lead, South Dakota

-Dr. Seuss

People have been dropping out for many years before Obama came along. Who would he make someone drop out? He's trying to do the exact OPPOSITE. Oh yeah, you said he was communist? Right, right... where exactly do you get your info? From your Republican parents that have thier own opinion?I suggest if your feelings are hurtful towards others, you take it somewhere else. Otherwise, get the right facts. Opinions shouldn't come from rumors!

AishaDae GOLD said...
AishaDae GOLD, Lead, South Dakota

-Dr. Seuss

No, it was not free then. Bush spent over 21 trillion dollars and blew it off. He's is the reason we are all in so much debt. Obama, on the other hand, spends money so our counrty may get more.

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

haha I find this hilarious! WHO elected Obama? The American people of course! So its not obama's fault, its yours for electing him!

AsIAm PLATINUM said...
AsIAm PLATINUM, Somewhere, North Carolina

"According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking." — Jonathan Stroud (Ptolemy's Gate)

His slogan was Change, and so far there has been very little of that, in the positive direction at least.  And two years is hardly a snap, when you consider our country has gone from 13 British colonies with slavery and a king to a united free democracy in 234 years.

AsIAm PLATINUM said...

Communism: 1. A social system marked by the common ownership of the means of production and common sharing of labor and products. 2. A system of government in which the state party holds the power with the intention of establishing a social order in which all goods are shared equally. ~ Webster Dictionary

I will let you guys decide, but I think some of those points seem vaguely familiar.  Like Sunshineyday said, it is nowhere near a Communist regiem right now, but it is a bad sign whenever people let even the smallest of rights slip away.  Wars often have to be fought to get them back.

AsIAm PLATINUM said...

I, for one, support the war in the Middle East.  We cannot truly be free when there are still enemies and oppression in the world.  How would you feel, in your great country enjoying life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, while people in Middle Eastern countries are oppressed by terrorists?  And even if you didn't think about it, I'm sure you'd feel pretty bad about letting the terrorists off the hook the next time they pulled something like 9/11.

AsIAm PLATINUM said...

Yes everthought, yes it was.

MiriamH said...
MiriamH, Mequon, Wisconsin

“I just want someone to hear what I have to say. And maybe if I talk long enough, it’ll make sense.”

I am not joking. At least he is trying. I would like to see you do any better. And finally, I think that the people of our country are just being lazy. They have no patience, and they want a quick simple fix. Sorry, that is not going to happen, ever! We have screwed up everything so much it is a wonder that anyone would even attempt to make changes. And yeah! They might take a while. Just deal with it.

Whylime said...
Whylime, Brentwood, Tennessee

Grief is the price we pay for love -- Queen Elizabeth ll
Don't go there, I'll only follow -- ???
Why is a raven like a writing desk? -- The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland
Chewing gum is really gross, chewing gum I hate the most -- Willy W.

oh and you should read my article: All Government Needs is Morals... it expresses the same views (but with less insults...  :D) it hasnt gotton through the editors yet though. but thankyou for expressing ur views, it is very brave. You have been insulted yourself alot havent you? geez ppl its just her opinion

Whylime said...
Whylime, Brentwood, Tennessee

Don't go there, I'll only follow -- ???

you have my support! whoop, whoop! haha but be careful with insults!!

Whylime said...
Whylime, Brentwood, Tennessee

Don't go there, I'll only follow -- ???

he may be a socialist/veryyy liberal but not communist. i understand mrs. author you're frustration but to turn our country around we have to remain calm instead of spouting insults no matter true our accusanations may be. you said glen beck was a heroe to you. congrats. but i dont think you're listening to him. he has been trying to tell us over and over to use respectful words to get our point across. how many dems have commented saying how crazy you are? lots right? well dont give them any proof! show them the knowledgable conservative young woman you are. Becoming angry wont turn our country around!

everthought BRONZE, Vancouver, Other

"forever is the new now"
-anonymous

land of the free? give me a break. was america free when bush ran america?

BungalowBillPhotography, Juno, Alaska

egad

people have been dropping out for years, and you dont know whats going to happen. Personally I am offended, and I want you to take your feeling somewhere else unless you are going to present nicely. all the problems you bring up, have been happening for years okay?

marebear said...

1. I believe that when the author wrote the poem, she wasn't accusing Obama of making the girl drop out of school. They just meant that lots of high school students drop out nowadays, and the downfalling economy made it difficult to get a job.

2. Now, I will admitt that I like the basis of this policy. We've all heard the stories of people getting 12-15 MRIs, when they only really need 2. A policy that denies unecessary procedures is a good idea in my opinion. However, people tend to get uppity and start to spread rumors of "death panels" that deny care to the elderly, which is what the author was referring to. Whether or not this is an over reaction, I'm not quite sure, I'd have to look into it more. But, no matter what party you belong to, I think both can agree that the government has been going a pretty good job of messing stuff up the past 10 years or so.

3. Thank you for not calling me a racist like some people have. It's very much appreciated. :)

DaisyC. said...
DaisyC., North Bennington, Vermont
What? How exactly is Obama driving a little girl out of school? (and so what if he was) How is he killing the elderly? I understand that this a prediction, but what makes you think this will happen?

taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

The truth is that at some point, everyone's going to hurt you. You just have to decide who's worth the pain.

Some say having something to lose is what makes you vulnerable. I believe that having something to lose only makes you stronger.

Actually though, at least he did improve foreign relations. Obama will not be able to change anything or do anything that would require the approval of the international community if no one wanted to back him up.

WiggityWack SILVER, Blahhhh, Nebraska

Hope. Dream. Make it happen..>>

@heatherthered President Obama DID NOT PROMISE TO DO THINGS IN A SNAP. NERVER HAVE I HEARD HIM SAY THAT. YOU NEED TO GET YOUR OPINION STRAIGHT. 

mare_bear said...
haunting, but true. no it hasnt happened yet, DUH! if u read the comment she put about the poem, its her prediction. it will happen though. i may not understand everything, but were for Hell, lemme tell u

heatherthered BRONZE, 000, New Jersey

I am awesome

Hepburn -  the problem is that he PROMISED to fix everything in a snap.