Where are you now? What can i do? | Teen Ink

Where are you now? What can i do?

By Lifesbutadream BRONZE, Hesperia, California
Lifesbutadream BRONZE, Hesperia, California

Change is just a new begining

Rain drops wash me away to the happiness that originated years ago but was camouflaged by everything else.
Questions and memories spill over me and fall to the ground like small feathers slowly hitting the surface.
But where are you now? What can i do?
As though iv been heard I look at the sky and immediately am flooded with pure nostalgia
I hear the rough thud of the train and see you standing in front of it. Your gone before it passes.
But where are you now? What can I do?
I go further back and see you at age six
You are next door I can hear your heartbeat getting closer mutating into what sounds like my own.
In seconds we are the beautiful music note on a delicate harp.
But where are you now? What can I do?
I am suddenly in a time that I cannot remember. A time that seems poles apart from my own
I cannot find you and I am scared
I see you standing by the corner and I slowly saunter your way you do not face me but you face the other way. I place my hand on your shoulder but am filled with darkness as I do so. And just as easily you are gone and have left me behind
But my heart wont rest until you are able to reach it once again. I am gone without you because I could not find you. But it is never too late to adjust what can be and elucidate the depiction of what will be.
I am waiting till you return and make things right, as you watch these tears gently greet my face
and notice how they glisten with the sympathy the soft sunrise offers in the morning, I hope you are well aware that you are the cause. I know your around but I cannot seem to find you.
But where are you now? What can I do?

Interpretation: This poem is about finding youseif once you have realized that you have been lost and not made the best of choices. when it is saying where are you now? the narrator is speaking of their own self. I hope you enjoy.

Change is just a new begining

This might seem crazy but I just read this, four years later. Thank you for the comment. Blessings.

Kat11 said...
Kat11, Somewhere, Washington
been there...

look forward to reading more of your work

blessings,

kat