The Earth is Naked, but Our Hearts are Full. | Teen Ink

The Earth is Naked, but Our Hearts are Full.

By pareesaislam SILVER, New York City, New York
pareesaislam SILVER, New York City, New York

Rupi Kaur - "I want to apologize to all the women I have called beautiful before I've called them intelligent or brave."

What am I waiting for?

I am waiting for the spring flowers to bloom and for the trees to regain their leaves and for the sun to truly feel warm and for the water to feel smooth and circular on my fingertips, not sharp and pointy, and for my chapped lips to rub against each other without wanting to stop and for the colors to seep into our hearts and for the flowers and trees and sun and water and for love love love because 

I cannot love without feeling the warmth in my own heart first. 

And for all that I have loved, the ground beneath it will only grow. I love in such radical ways that the earth itself must grow with me. The roots of the trees will weasel their way into my heart and the warmth of the sun will lay over us in awe of how I replicate the love the earth has given us. I love the way the earth has given us life. I love until the water is smooth and circular and until the flowers bloom. 

Love so radically that others will wonder where it comes from. 

Throughout my life I have learned that there is nothing more vulnerable and truly important than love itself. So many of us collect bits and pieces of what we think is love but love is truly the vulnerability of our emotions. Everyone deserves love in ways that are raw and unique. To me, love is imitated by our earth and nature itself. There is nothing more vulnerable than our homes and what gives us life. Love and nature will always go hand in hand.