a secret world waiting to be seen | Teen Ink

a secret world waiting to be seen

By Leslieprezm BRONZE, Oakland, California
Leslieprezm BRONZE, Oakland, California

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like without the creativity and imagination of human beings? Human beings are very mysterious and special creatures. When I was a child I wondered if the moon was made of cheese or if sunflowers were made of drops of sun, how come the sky is blue and the clouds are white?...The fascinating thing about our imagination is that NOTHING is impossible. Although I am no longer a little girl, I still wonder if it is that trees listen to us because of the way they give us peace and tranquility by moving their leaves, or if it is that magic happens when two people look at  each other in the eye and some sort of secret language starts in the air. My point is that if we  could concentrate on observing what surrounds us, we would notice the extraordinary things that happen around us and how lucky we are to have a life that is full of mysteries and things to discover. Another very beautiful gift that we have received are the memories that are stored both in our minds and in our hearts, and it is good to remember special moments of our childhood or remember all the magical summers of our lives, remember people, and ourselves. Memory gives us the power to revive people who are no longer here today and remember their essence that is pervasive in all around us. Creativity allows you to give lyrics to the symphonies that have no words and make dynamic movements with your body following the rhythm of the music. Creativity is what allows us to grow and develop. If we are willing to seek the answer to our questions and discover things that we had never imagined, then by then you will understand that there is more behind everything we know.

With piece of poetry I am trying to explain how fortunate we are to have the gift of life and how many new experiences we can have if we are willing to explore and observe things carefully.