Being able to say | Teen Ink

Being able to say

By zoe-miller BRONZE, Millerburg, Indiana
zoe-miller BRONZE, Millerburg, Indiana

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

Being Able To Say “I Love You”

Truly there has never been a man like you. 

A man with gentle eyes, a man with a full heart, a man with a beautiful soul.

A man so loving that all you can do is see the future in something so small as a simple phrase. 

“I love you.”

Being able to say I love you is like feeling a summer's breeze. Something so refreshing. Refreshing as in drink a cold glass of water. Refreshing as in having a long day ending with a good long nap. Refreshing as in starting a new year on a fresh plate. 

Being able to love you is something so blissful. Something so restful. Something so meaningful. Something so passionate. Passionate like playing your favorite song. Passionate like working hard for your best future. Passionate like finally learning something new. 

Being able to hold you is something so restful. Something so gentle. Something so comfortable. Comfortable like being surrounded by people you adore. Comfortable like putting on a piece of fresh clothing after a long day's work. Comfortable like being wrapped in your favorite blanket. 

Being able to call you mine is something unbelievably peaceful. Something so revealing. Something so breathtaking. Breathtaking like watching a sunset relax. Breathtaking like hearing a new piece from your favorite band. 

Honestly, if it wasn’t for you. I wouldn’t know how to love. I wouldn’t know what true care is. I wouldn’t understand what it means to have someone who truly understands. Someone who is willing to be patient. 

Having you is the best feeling in the world. Feels as if I have all of the good, powerful, beautiful, all of the simple yet sweet things in life in my arms. 

You, 

My Sweet Boy,

Are a beautiful soul. A soul, a person, a human who deserves all good things within reach. You truly are breathtaking. 

Though the best thing in this world is being able to call you mine, to be able to say

“I love you.”

I wrote this for my current boyfriends becuase honeslty i have no clue what i would do withouth him :)

RipleyFallz GOLD, Moscow, Pennsylvania

The villian will always be the villian if the hero tells the story.

what a truly beautiful poem.