Sweet Heart | Teen Ink

Sweet Heart

By EveLOverlord SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
EveLOverlord SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

The only way that anyone can truly learn is through pain, through emotional scars that remind you everyday why you won't make the same mistake again.

Sweet Heart

I long for you as I hear your sweet heart beating,

The hair on the back of my neck raises as your sweet scent dazes my senses 

And as you rise, as do I; my gaze locked on your chocolatey eyes

We stand by the trees for a while as you smile at the brisk breeze, meanwhile

You’re unaware as I prepare to ensnare you in my embrace and care 

Your breath quivers as mine delivers sensational shivers down your spine 

And while what I want most is to be so close, I walk and talk as you follow,

engrossed

Lead by my voice, you take the path of my choice, reaching the meadow as I rejoice 

Now among the red flowers we tread, with curiosity you kneel and tilt your head

Look around, on the ground at the flowers we have found, for to the flowers you’re now                    bound

Your heart starts to race as I start to pace unable to stop wondering how you taste

You fill with unease as I come through the trees, pouncing, ignoring your empty pleas

Once again the flowers have been showered in the blood of the prey which I’ve devoured

I long to savor the amazing flavor of your blood, but first I have to end this labor

So I rip and tear as you gasp for air, screaming and crying as I rip out your hair

And finally, I hear the beating of your heart ceasing as I take in your scent and begin eating

And finally after ripping you apart, I find the thing that made my whole hunt start, 

Oh Darling, how I love the taste of your sweet heart

The poem is supposed to sound like a classic love poem, filled with imagery and descriptive details that truly draw you into the story, only there are key differences that set this apart from other love poems that you would not expect. 

WARNING!!!

*This poem does have some graphic imagery that may make some readers uncomfortable*

EveLOverlord SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

I'm very proud of writing this story in a way that leads people astray. The point of view is supposed to be from a Native American creature called the Wendigo. I have also published a short story called "Mimic" which also has the wendigo as a character. I believe that this creature doesn't get nearly enough credit for how interesting the lore behind it is. I would love to hear what anyone reading "Sweet Heart" thinks of the story, whether they like or dislike it, I love to get feedback.