Cereal Bowl | Teen Ink

Cereal Bowl

By Legend123 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Legend123 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Listening to the crickets and cicadas of the late summer night. The ringing of the sounds felt like an infection infesting my body each second. Which was broken by the snap, crackle, and pop of the fire as some sort of antidote to the infection. 

Sitting by the bonfire, observing the endless darkness of the sky. Mesmerized by the spatter of milk all over the milky way. Wondering what is out there. Wondering, what could be out there? What is out there?

I felt some sort of rush through my head. The rush being curiosity. Which led me to the end of a pier with my head fully upward, well knowing it was going to cause some sort of ache. But in my mind at that moment, nothing mattered. All that mattered was what I didn’t know. What I couldn’t comprehend. Gazing upward at the unknown, known as space. Wondering.

Wondering what is up there, or even what could be out there. Whilst being in a trance, I hear my friend make a noise like they were caught by surprise. I unlocked my eyes from the shimmering light in the sky to search for what put him in such awe.

As I looked around, in the corner of my eye, something flew past. I thought to myself if that was it. Wondering if it was what I thought it was thinking; was that it, really, could it be. And it was. A shooting star. The shooting star being like a splash of milk, flying out the cereal bowl.

This piece shows off the beauties of the starry night

Legend123 GOLD said...
Legend123 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Love the picture it brings to the mind