The Crush | Teen Ink

The Crush

October 18, 2022
By cadenceshurtz BRONZE, Ogden, Utah
cadenceshurtz BRONZE, Ogden, Utah
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Some describe it like having butterflies in your stomach. Others say you'll feel as if your walking on a cloud. Or that you'll feel lightheaded. But here's what I say. To you, your crush is gonna be cute. Not cute like a baby or a kitten. A different cute. An attractive cute. Whenever your crush is in sight you'll be looking at them. Watching their every move. You'll love everything (Or nearly everything) about them. Like their hair, their eyes, the way they talk, the way they act, and the clothes they wear. You'll start finding interest in their interests and hobbies. You'll always be looking for opportunities to talk to them. You will constantly be looking at them, or glancing over at them. You'll almost feel and invisible string connecting you to them, and no matter how hard you try not to, you're gonna end up looking at them. If you have a crush or have had one, then as you read this, you most likely were thinking of a certain someone you feel, or have felt this way for.


The author's comments:

For me, I wrote this poem because of the feelings I had for a certain someone.