Venomous Anger | Teen Ink

Venomous Anger

By swaggyserr SILVER, Paris, Tennessee
swaggyserr SILVER, Paris, Tennessee

“A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

anger pours down my throat,

floods my lungs,

fills my stomach,

and infects every part of my being.

it's ripping through my skin and taking control of my body.

acrimonious words spit through my clenched teeth and burn through my victims skin.

after my cathartic rage i'm left with burning fists and visions of the detrimental harm i left.

I have very severe anger issues and it's something I struggle with almost every day. This piece helped me explain to my family why I explode the way I do.

Kingpoet2806 GOLD, Collierville, Tennessee

Her heart was an open book with beautiful pages and detailed lettering. She wanted people to read her story in hopes that it would make them write their own. Instead, every person who came across the pages of her heart ripped out their favorite story and took it with them. They folded back pages and bent up corners. They signed their name with sloppy writing and with a simple 'goodbye'. This book is now tucked away in the darkest parts of her, because no one wants to read a tragic story with a bad ending.

anger is a monster in and of itself. I understand. keep fighting! check out my profile, a lot about the monster of hate and the reality of death