Dearest | Teen Ink

Dearest

By TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan
TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan

“The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I guess that means we're just products of whoever made us and we don't have much control. The thing is, when people use that phrase, they ignore the most critical part: the falling. Within the logic of that saying, the apple falls every single time. Not falling isn't an option. So, if the apple has to fall, the most important question in my mind is what happens to it upon hitting the ground? Does it touch down with barely a scratch? Or does it smash on impact? Two vastly different fates. When you think about it, who cares about its proximity to the tree or what type of tree spawned it? What really makes all the difference, then, is how we land.”
― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

Dearest friend I hold so close

that brightens my day more than most

Bringing light from afar

and spreading joy within the wind

And with my heart, I hold you, dear,

retaining your words without fear

and violent as those words are

the touch your soul and leave a mark

so please continue to hold me close from afar

and write with my as the loveliest star

I hope you read this but do not weep

for someone so pretty should have smiles to keep.

To Afra, My dearest friend, my loyal author. And to those who read this, find someone like this girl, you wont regret the memories you'll make.

― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

PineApplemushrooMs, I am happy to see you loved this as much as I loved writing it. Please know that we are always here to be the same as Afra has been to me, even if, "your as far as pluto, a hundred sixty-three thousand six hundred yards from my home"

PineApplemushrooMs PLATINUM, Dayton, Ohio
@TheRareBreed
I'm crying.
literally crying at this
you've touched my heart and expressed the beautiful truths of a friendship I feel I've lost
I'm so glad you've found a friend in @Afra and I encourage you to hold onto that as you may never know when you might lose or find such a wonderful person as her.
This poem is absolutely wonderful

Kingpoet2806 GOLD, Collierville, Tennessee

Her heart was an open book with beautiful pages and detailed lettering. She wanted people to read her story in hopes that it would make them write their own. Instead, every person who came across the pages of her heart ripped out their favorite story and took it with them. They folded back pages and bent up corners. They signed their name with sloppy writing and with a simple 'goodbye'. This book is now tucked away in the darkest parts of her, because no one wants to read a tragic story with a bad ending.

@TheRareBreed, I love this so much it was touching and I'd love to read more by you

IzzyMossie137 GOLD, Aurora, Illinois

"Life is a journey I don't have a map for."
-Delta Goodrem-

@TheRareBreed, this is a really touching poem. The last two lines were like, so deep.✌🏻

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

@TheRareBreed, this is really beautiful...Thank you so much for the appreciation...The last line was really warming...Thank you...