I Want To Be With The Unicorns | Teen Ink

I Want To Be With The Unicorns

By TessaDreamAuthor_3000 PLATINUM, Tomball, Texas
TessaDreamAuthor_3000 PLATINUM, Tomball, Texas

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton
" Balance your life with spiritual experiences that remind and prepare you for continued, daily ministering to others." - M. Russell Ballard
"Love is expressed in a smile, a wave, a kind comment, a compliment." - Thomas S. Monson

I want to run

I want to sparkle

I want to be with the Unicorns

I want to shine

I want to be pretty

I want to be with t he Unicorns

Even though they're not real, I want to be as beautiful as them too

I want to run, far in the grass

I want my sparkles and beauty to last

This poem was inspired by my 8 year old self. She had a major obsession with unicorns and anything mythical. I love my past me.

@Egycal52 Aww thank you and I completely agree! Some of my writing was terrible (let’s just say I had a problem with grammar) but some was really good! Evolving 🥳

Egycal52 SILVER, --, California

"Hats off to the past, coats off to the future."
- American Proverb
"Why do you keep hiding behind your mask,
When even the scars formed by your mistakes
are you own constellations?"

I love that you said "I love my past me"in the description! I go through my old writing too but I always feel like I was such a goody two-shoes then, even if some of the writing is good ;)
Evolving!

@Afra Thank you so much! I appreciate the support and your kind words. I found this poem when I was digging through my old stories and at that time I didn't have a wide range of vocabulary....tell me if you want to see more! <3

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

Tessa, this poem is absolutely beautiful...Your eight year old self might have been really talented but I'm so sure that your current self is utterly creative...And I simply love Unicorns and your poem...