The Perfect Wedding | Teen Ink

The Perfect Wedding

January 19, 2022
By 2guyder BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2guyder BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was a bright, dewy morning. The sun was poking through the tops of the trees, casting shadows on an aged, sun-bleached barn, the color of grey. The singsong of the birds indicated a happy, peaceful day full of warmth to come. This was the beginning of the perfect wedding.

Inside the barn, rows and rows of chairs aligned and splitting down the middle, a silk carpet the color of glittering snow, stretched from the entrance to the altar. The elegant stand that overlooked the eager seats was decorated in lace and luxury. Flowing curtains in the breeze lifted the fabrics as well as the spirits.

By afternoon, a chorus of voices filled the surrounding forest, excited and curious. As time rolled on, and the guests became still, a mild piano song prompted the entry of the bride. Euphoria, as the doors gently opened, drifted through the room, and even the singsong of birds seemed to stop as if to witness the glorious occasion. Feelings of wonder and hope touched the audience and created a sense of beauty to the moment.

The bride carried herself elegantly, yet confidently down the aisle, her eyes fixed on her stage. With the commencement of the ceremony, friends and family cried and celebrated, and pride radiated throughout the aged, sun-bleached barn. 

Music! Birdsong! Laughter! As soon as the ceremony began, it was over, and the festivities broke in to replace the elegance. Games and dancing; music and food; laughter and love; the night seemed so young, and the celebration seemed endless. 

It was only until the sun had disappeared for many hours, that the festivities had calmed down, and the chorus had quieted. The once endless celebration had now met its fate, and the buzzing became silent.

It was indeed the perfect day, the perfect chorus, and the perfect wedding.