Words to the World | Teen Ink

Words to the World

May 4, 2019
By Anonymous

The world is a sick place, I say.

I’m so tired of the games, the cheats that they lay.

For the lies hurt us all.

And I’m sorry you have to live in a world where judgement bites.

I’m sorry you can’t be happy because you are to dream that lying is truth.

I’m sorry that at this point of abuse, not a drop of blood seeps out.

In the end, I’m sorry that you’re just sick,

And that the world is too.


The author's comments:

As human evolution and the world progresses, there will always be lies. If not, more so told today. I stayed up at about 12:00 am writing this, and I couldn't stop thinking about how in society we constantly want to please the people we love. When we do, we decieve ourselves and it begins to not hurt the more we do it. I believe the world is sick in a way because of this. Whether its in the context of current events, family, love or more, there is a lot of decieving and no more room for open thoughts.

I think people should be more honest and open with each other, but its hard since there are so many factors like judgement, opinions, and individuality.

Some people don't even realize how downing they can be to other peoples' hopes and wishes will help them succeed.