Nothing More | Teen Ink

Nothing More

By JLAImBatMan555 GOLD, Lexington, North Carolina
JLAImBatMan555 GOLD, Lexington, North Carolina

It was July 28th, the day my heart died, as the tears gush out of my eyes, the memories overwhelmed me with sadness.
She told me it didn’t feel the same, but that day was never the same. As the nerves within me tingled, I laid there dead. My heart is gone, the Logan everyone knew and loved is no more.
I now hide even more than I once did, before I dated her.

The day Brianna broke up with me, was the last day my heart saw the light of day.
As I kept trying, trying to keep her with me, she just kept pushing away and wouldn’t stay.
I couldn’t breathe, couldn’t think, sleep or eat, I was no more
The pain hurt, hurt more then any pain I ever known, the pain was death, the pain was sadness, the pain left me sore.

Everyone tells me I’m fine and it will be ok, but there wrong it won't be ok, i’ve cried.
But why be unstable, Brianna is the one who thinks i’ve lied.
As I know I never lied, I lay in bed and cry
For as I cry, I begin to die

Brianna now hates me, she shot my teddy bear, and killed my flowers,for I’m the reason for my death
I tried to save a life, yet it caused me to lose the one I love, I know lay here speaking my last breath

And so to you all, I warn thee to be careful, for thy futures unclear, and so the raven has come for more
I now regret the lie, that saved poor o’l Shelby’s heart, so as I slide my ghostless body on the bathroom door

I bid thee all a due, and utter a last word
A word of three’s, the one who lays ahead is the third

The third of all is who I don’t regret, Shelby is the one I love, for Brianna is nothing more
Brianna was the one who died, she died in my heart, for as I lay here dead, I utter nothing more