Jerk | Teen Ink

Jerk MAG

By Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia
Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Again, I'm sorry. I acted before I though, but this is a bad excuse and hardly an excuse and one that I will not hide behind or use. I know that I was not sensitive to that when I was suppose too, and that I should have thought before I acted. I know that it's not funny to have your heart broken or someone else's heart broken. I do not blame you if you think that I am not sensitive and stupid.

I apologize, @CeceE14. I know this is an amazing poem, I find this a phenomenal poem. I know it's not funny to have your heart broken, that I can connect too because I have had my heart broken. I apologize for being stupid and not sensitive to that, I'm sorry.

CeceE14 BRONZE said...
CeceE14 BRONZE, Rosemount, Minnesota

"No."

Beautiful. Too true to explain.

CeceE14 BRONZE said...
CeceE14 BRONZE, Rosemount, Minnesota

"No."

Your comments are nice, but it's NOT funny. This happens to real people all the time, and is one of the worst things a little girl can go through. This is an amazing poem, but it's not funny to have your heart broken

Christinaa_jean, Renwick, Iowa

"I asked god for a bike, but I know god doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked god for forgiveness." -Al Pacino

I love the simplicity

DizzyDasey said...
So cool... using as a poem In class

Ashesfalldown GOLD, Groveland, Massachusetts

"Imperfection is beauty... Madness is genius..." -Marilynn Monroe

So creative!!

SpazzinOverU SILVER, Dehradun, Other

Keep clam and Carry On....

this poem is so relate able!! Lovely!

Enigmapleet BRONZE, Calicut,kerala, Other

Believe in yourself.........

Simple and stylish  

abomnibal BRONZE, Leeds, Other

for freeeeeeeeeeee

wow this is just amazing! it made me smile for ages after first reading it. and i have to keep re reading it.

emkay1223 said...
emkay1223, Swansea, South Carolina
This is so relatable!! I love the untainted honesty of it. I really enjoyed it.

WinterGirl said...
WinterGirl, Casper, Wyoming

"If you're a bird, I'm a bird."-The Notebook

Wow! That is stunning and so relatable, I loved it!  

Haha, oh geez. This is just absolutely, wonderful and amazing and funny. I'm sorry, but I just found this funny. Haha, oh geez. After I read this, I could not help but laugh and smile, a lot. This is just, all in all, phenomenal. Haha, I love it. I don't know how when this was published, but congrats having this published! You deserve it. You're a talented and wonderful writer and person; you ahve talent and greatness in you. Never stop believing that, because you are and you do. Thankl you so much, for sharing this. 

StephanieIsShe, New Orleans, Louisiana
Awe i can definitely relate to this when I had a crush on this guy

lovekilz said...
lovekilz, New Castle, Indiana

“If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.”
~ by Sylvia Plath, (from The Bell Jar)

@carlmarks15: "Good try though! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! :)" Really?! While I couldn't agree with you more about this poem and how it was written - I'm no fan of cliche topics and forced rhymes myself - I do think it was pretty phony of you to unleash such a harsh barrage on this person's work, only to follow it up with that little quip at the end: "Try, try again" - Like you think that'll make her feel any better? After having you tell her basically that her poem sucks and that it isn't even worth 1 star out of 5, among other things? You know, the poem may indeed suck, and I completely agree when you say it lacks originality. But you really didn't have to be so harsh. I mean, you did pretty much insult this person's work. And then to follow all that with your syrupy condolences: "Good try though!" Well, here's a tip for the future: leave the fake sincerity out of it. If you can't even be sincere in the rest of the post then don't wait until the very end to be 'nice' about it. Man, am I glad nobody shot my work down like this when I was first starting out, or else I probably would've stopped writing for good, right then and there. But anyway, your comment was less of a real critique (pointing out both the weaknesses and strengths of the poem, -plus- offering up good ways to improve the poem in general), and more like just you being unnecesarily harsh. "Good try though!" (Now do you see how that feels more like a slap in the face?)

Xena_Zionne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” -Marilyn Monroe

awwww! so sweet. and true

booklover1234567 SILVER, Augusta, Maine
Love it!!!!

abomnibal BRONZE, Leeds, Other

for freeeeeeeeeeee

this is the best thing i will ever rad and have ever read  it makes me feel better about the people i love but i know will never love me back. i think you might like my poem heart beat free verse :)

Kay.P said...
So true i can relate it reminds me of a jerk i know

JJ_Lone PLATINUM, Davenport, Washington
its so true!!!!!!!!!