Thing's I'm daring to be sharing | Teen Ink

Thing's I'm daring to be sharing

By hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida
hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida

"You know you’re a writer if your friend tells you a heartbreaking story and your first reaction is – wow, that would make an incredible plot for a novel. You know you’re a smart writer if you manage to keep that reaction to yourself."

I wonder as I wander
In the dark streets late at night
Do you miss me or forget me
When I am out of sight?

And I’m thinking as I’m sinking
Into my saddest thoughts
That maybe now I’m changing
And what we had is lost.

I’m falling as I’m calling
You’re silent telephone
But always you don’t answer
And always I’m alone

So I’m talking as I’m walking
To your voicemails lonely heart
“Could you call me? I’m so lonely.
Please don’t let me fall apart.”

And I’m swaying as I’m saying
“These days my life’s been tough
And I would love to speak to you
But is my love alone enough?”

Now I’m weeping while I’m sleeping
I’m not who I was before
And I wonder if this attitude
Will send you out the door.

I keep crying, keep on trying
To maintain the girl you see
But I can’t be what you expect
That girl was never me

Hey there:]
Thanks for checking out my work, it really means a lot.
This one's about how I'm being something I'm not for all; the people in my world. A fake maybe, and it's quite a waste of my energy. But it makes me sad that I WILL lose people I love if they know how I really am.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

This is too AMAZING! I love the last line <3 <3   The rythym was just perfect.

SaraAnn BRONZE said...
SaraAnn BRONZE, Ocean, New Jersey

"Bless this house, for we are all together. Bless us all until we meet again."

Love this! Need to work on punctuation a little, but the message and rhythm are great!

Janaynay said...
Oh my goodness. This is amazing and it like... encompases all of my exact feelings in a way that I could never even image putting down on paper. Seriously. I know how you feel and it sucks :( But... amazing poem, really :] Keep writing!

OneInParticular1017, Greenwood, South Carolina

Don’t you know? Hearts are breakable. And I think even when you heal, you’re never what you were before. -City of Fallen Angels
Either love me with vomit in my hair or don't love me at all. -Ryan O'Connell, Thought Catalog

Goodness, I loooove this poem. Your rhyme scheme was very creative and the whole poem premise was beautiful. :)

Usedtobe... said...
I absolutely love every line. Keep writing. Forever! And good luck, be yourself and and stay strong!

JosieNotJose SILVER, West Palm Beach, Florida
This is incredible.  I love the beginning lines of each stanza.  I can almost imagine you doing this :)

pinkypromise23 PLATINUM, Cranston, Rhode Island

i know that you believe you understand what you think i said, but im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what i meant.

wow that was really powerful. and people arnt really your friends if they cant accept you for who you are.