She Was Never Coming Back | Teen Ink

She Was Never Coming Back

By Selena.zd SILVER, Wilmette, Illinois
Selena.zd SILVER, Wilmette, Illinois

Nothing is impossible if you allow the possibilities.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

She was one to care about looks, says the rows of makeup and nail polish on her shelf.
She didn't have a lot of friends over, says the messy floor.
It was because she had a reputation, says the whispers that followed her down the hallways at school.
She has been gone for awhile, says the dust on her doorknob.
She was never going back, says the bed unmade from a few weeks ago. 

She was missed, says the empty desk in English class that shouldered thousands of stares.
There was someone that missed her more than others, says the pair of blue eyes that never left the desk.
His name was Clay Jensen and he was responsible, says his driver's license with its clean record. She was never coming back, says the way his heart broke.

She planned it perfectly, says the old recorded tapes of her story in Clay's hands.
She was pragmatic in her own way, says the her recordings that screamed "it was the only way out."
There was no hesitation, says the neat medicine cabinet missing half a bottle of its pills.
"I would have helped if only I knew," says the silent tears Clay spilled.
She was never coming back, says the way his world stilled.

I wrote this poem after reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher as a dedication to one of my favorite books of the year. 

Selena.zd SILVER, Wilmette, Illinois

Thx Kiley! Ly!

Selena.zd SILVER, Wilmette, Illinois

@mrs. Hughe

Selena.zd SILVER, Wilmette, Illinois

Also, if you think I plagiarism, give me proof. Who wrote it, where it was published, etc. The reason that you didn't include all this in your first comment is because you knew you had no proof since you were lying. Pushing others down because you were jealous doesn't make you seem better. In fact, it only proves that you have have no talent and is desperate for attention. I sincerely feel bad for the people that have to deal with you in everyday life.

Selena.zd SILVER, Wilmette, Illinois

Acually, I wrote this poem for my reading class in school. You can confirm with my reading teacher if you like and I will give you her email. You have no right to go around lying, so SHAME ON YOU.

Mrs. Hughe said...
You absolutely plagiarized this poem young lady! You gave no credit to the original author. Shame on you!

Selena I absolutely love this poem!! It is so deep and insightful. I love the way how at the end of each sentence it says "says the".